Monday, June 29, 2009

Liberty Ann and Raggedy Sam






I've met a great bunch of gals in a forum I stumbled onto a couple of weeks ago. It opened up a whole new world to me. They are the ones who encouraged me , along with my daughter, to become a blogger! They also challenged me to get out of my comfort zone (painting Santas and such) and join them in a dollie swap. Preferring the paintbrush over the sewing machine puts me in the minority in the group since most of them are doll makers.

When it came time to make my doll for the swap, I pulled a Frank Sinatra and "did it my way"! I combined my painting skills with my sewing to come up with my take on the round head dolls I heard them speak of so often.

This OOAK couple went to Cyndi who said , "I showed my hubb and he was impressed, now girl, it takes a bunch to impress the hub as far as crafts go....." so I guess they were "a hit".

I hope you enjoy them, Cyndi, as much as I did making them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment